Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a beautiful 2001 "woody" for my kid to go to college. Unfortunately, the vehicle was stored in a garage for several years and the interior needs some work. Most important the headliner shows some stains and will need to be replaced due to water damage.

If anyone has information on where to find a "tan" color headliner or have some knowledge on how to repair, please email me [email protected]

Much appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If it is still intact you may want to find find an interior spray dye rather than replace it. You can get decent results with a simple application.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I've had success with cleaning headliners with just plain old Windex and a soft cloth. I don't know if it'll work on water stains, but it did just fine with soda.

·
Super Moderator
21,621 Posts
It is important to use a cool solution, as a warm solution can set a water stain and then it will never come out. There was a TSB 23-015-06 that addressed removing cloth seat stains and that can be applied to most any cloth interior areas.
The wife is knowledgable about stain removal. I always thought that hot water was best. Ooops.
See here:
http://www.xkjeeps.com/TSB/tsb_xk_2301506.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts