Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car like 4 years ago and it was a great car. The man I bought it from had replaced the engine with one that only had 25000 miles on it. The car was great for 3 years. Nothing wrong except I replaced the water pump.
Now, I am scratching my head. About 4 months ago, when I was driving my car acted up and I limped home. I went to start my car the next morning and it wouldn't start. I have done everything I have read about these cars. Here is what has been replaced.
Parts list: Cam and Crank shaft sensors, Full timing set(tensioner, all guides, chain, sprocket), New radiator, water pump, new intake manifold gaskets, plenum gaskets, starter, fuel pump and filter, ignition switch.
What my car is doing is, if I reset the computer the car runs great. Once I shut off the car and it sits a bit I would go and try and start it and it wouldn't start. When it does start then it chugs and misses then stalls.
This car is a great car and I don't want to give up but what am I doing wrong? I am forgetting something.
PLEASE help me...
Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
21,841 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Any 'ck eng' light or fault codes?
Are the cam/crank sensor codes back?
Oil on the dipstick not showing any signs of coolant mixing?
Diagnose first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a transmission input speed sensor, and an output speed sensor, that can cause a limp mode condition if either fail.
The starting problem can/may be a completely different problem.
Quite often, aftermarket replacement sensors don’t perform properly, and can cause problems.
As was said, check for OBD codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts