Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power window switch has suddenly stopped. I can not lock the doors by the remote. Must be done manually, individually. When I press the lock button on the remote i get a horn beep but the locks do not work. Everything else, including the electric doors, works fine. I can't find a fuse but i don't think that's it, because the horn beeps when I push the remote. I bought this car new and it only has 72,000 miles on it. It has everything made then.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
. . . .My power window switch has suddenly stopped. . . .
Which switch, left front window / driver side or right front window / passenger side?

. . . . I can not lock the doors by the remote. Must be done manually, individually. When I press the lock button on the remote i get a horn beep but the locks do not work. Everything else, including the electric doors, works fine. . . .
Do the power locks function properly (lock and unlock) if you use the inside switch on driver or passenger door panel? Or as you said do you have to physically move the stem rod at door panel up and down to lock / unlock door?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
On my 98 Voyager the connector came loose from the switch panel.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,680 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Both the power windows and power locks are inoperative?
Its possible that a wire(s) has broken between the drivers door and the body. After years of flexing and fatiguing, this becomes common.
The master power window/lock switch can also get rained on if the window is left down. This can create switch contact corrosion that may not show up for awhile later.
The power locks rely on the BCM and RKE module, the power windows don't.
Chapter 8N the covers power windows and locks. Chapter 8W is the wiring diagrams, connector locations, etc:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/...002_RG_Town&Country_Caravan_Voyager/02rge.pdf

·
KOG
7,293 Posts
I can verify that rain is death on window switches. Do not EVER allow them to be rained on by leaving either door or window open.

Reactions: ImperialCrown
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.