Allpar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is strange, once again going to the greatest site. Hitting gas, there is a noise coming from the dash like when holding two grass blades between your thumbs as was done when we were kids. the noise only comes on when stepping on the gas aggressively and going away after a short while. ????

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,519 Posts
I don't think that the PT uses vacuum for HVAC actuators. 2003 may still be cables for mode and blend. Recirc may be electric?
It may be from under the hood on the other side of the firewall. Check all ducting for the air cleaner, intercooler, turbos, etc. A clamp may be loose?

Reactions: AllanC

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
I don't think that the PT uses vacuum for HVAC actuators. 2003 may still be cables for mode and blend. Recirc may be electric? . . . It may be from under the hood on the other side of the firewall. Check all ducting for the air cleaner, intercooler, turbos, etc. A clamp may be loose?
ImperialCrown is correct. I did some further research and found documentation for a 2003 PT Cruiser HVAC system. Mode and temperature blend doors are cable controlled. The recirculation feature is the only vacuum actuated device in the HVAC system. My apology for not digging further.

Text Line art Font Diagram Auto part

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,519 Posts
That looks burnt. Is this the fresh air after the turbo?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
That looks burnt. Is this the fresh air after the turbo?
That looks like the fresh air into the turbo.

I cleaned the pic up a little bit. ;)

You haven't received the new one from AMAZON yet?
View attachment 30653

Jerry
So is this what the complete hose looks like?

But if it's near the turbo, wouldn't that get heat baked over time, just like so many other plastic and rubber components under the hood of a PT, and more so on the Turbo over NA, and could end looking like what the OP posted?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks like the fresh air into the turbo.

I cleaned the pic up a little bit. ;)

You haven't received the new one from AMAZON yet?
View attachment 30653

Jerry
Installed new one this morning, Noise is still there and it sounds like a diaphragm crack to me. 2003 runs a little better though with the new turbo air input. Might have to take the display out and look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is this what the complete hose looks like?

But if it's near the turbo, wouldn't that get heat baked over time, just like so many other plastic and rubber components under the hood of a PT, and more so on the Turbo over NA, and could end looking like what the OP posted?
Got from Amazon, the part had good feedback. Had to use the original clamps though. The correct clamps are pictured above, thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
25. AutoStick Gear Position— If Equipped This vacuum fluorescent display indicator illuminates when the gearshift lever is moved to the AutoStick position and shows the current gear selection. Had the transmission changed and wonder if the vacuum line was connected wrong. when I hit the gas the vacuum fluorescent doesn't come on. I have never used the AutoStick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.