Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automatic transmission. Was jerking and bucking badly - got code P0765 shift solenoid D. Swapped out the transmission solenoid package and speed sensors with new ones. Flushed and replaced the transmission fluid.

It still bucks but I've noticed that when I move the shifter from Drive to 3rd gear the bucking stops. Seems that overdrive is causing the issue. Any ideas what it can be? Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,491 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. It needs some diagnosis before replacing solenoid pack and sensors. P0765 is a UD sol continuity test. Check the wiring and connectors between the TCM and sol pack. Follow p. 99 here to diagnose P0765:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2004_PL_Neon/18627-pl-trans_sgmldiag.pdf
An explanation of the code is given on p. 12. UD is used in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.
A simple wiring diagram is on p. 197. You want to follow the Pk/Bk wire and make sure that there is no breaks or corrosion or rub-through and the sol pack has a good ground.
Any other fault codes? A slipping clutch can be damaged very quickly.

·
One Bourbon, One Scatch...
1,076 Posts
When was the last time the plugs or wires were changed? Sometimes a problem with one of those can trigger an unrelated code. I had a bad plug wire that triggered an O2 sensor code. A bucking engine might make the transmission unhappy enough to trigger its own warning. It's a cheap thing to check, at least.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Automatic transmission. Was jerking and bucking badly - got code P0765 shift solenoid D. Swapped out the transmission solenoid package and speed sensors with new ones. Flushed and replaced the transmission fluid.

It still bucks but I've noticed that when I move the shifter from Drive to 3rd gear the bucking stops. Seems that overdrive is causing the issue. Any ideas what it can be? Thanks for your help!
Check simple stuff first bro, I had changed my solenoid and done everything I could do to get my PT Cruiser outta limp mode, it ended up being just a dirty ground wire, and possibly a fuse. Make sure it’s that solenoid before you change it. It gets expensive after a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.