Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned an '05 RT and (2) '07 SRT-8s -- still own my Torred '07 MSRT8 --
where are all the Magnum owners here on ALLPAR?

·
Registered
958 Posts
seriously considering a magnum srt8. i own a 2006 charger rt, and would like an srt, was considering a used 392 in a couple years, but while the new motor is more powerful, the addition of cylinder deactivation gives it a new weak point when power adders are involved. the original srt8 cars will be cheaper and leaves money for forged internals. a magnum is high on the list. ive always thought wagons were cool and the magnum is gorgeous! also rare! especially the 2008 model. very few were produced do to the last model year as well as the collapse of the economy. too bad i dont like the newer facia. also the wagon is lighter than the newer full size srt cars. still, the interiors are a letdown. magnum fan all the way though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Da BoMM:

I just joined the forum to add to the Magnum Force, so to speak. Mine is an '05 RT, 65,000 miles, completely stock. Had no problems at all except a failed window motor replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've also got an '05 Magnum RT, black, heavily optioned, no AWD. It's got around 63,000 miles on it. The car has been reliable, but I have replaced tie rods, power steering box, [at]37,000 miles, put in a new battery, and in the last 2 weeks replaced the crankcase valve sensor and the thermostat. The valve sensor failed at a traffic light, cost me a tow job!

Since I bought the car I have run synthetic oil and change it twice a year, and am about to purchase my second set of snow tires ( Blizzaks ) and am running General Altimax as my summer set.
No modifications to the car other than side window "eyebrows" and a mild tint on the driver an passenger side windows, both of which came with the vehicle when I purchased it (off lease).

I love this car and would like to purchase a newer '08 when I finally decide to retire the '05.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts