Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Grand Caravan; front blower fan stopped working today. I pulled, checked & reseated the fuse and swapped the relay with the one for the rear blower. Neither of these did anything. So I'm thinking it's the blower motor, or possibly the resistor?? I found another thread that dealt a lot with the 96-2000 models. Has anyone removed the blower from a 2005 or similar model year??

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
An open blower resistor could cause this, it is on the ground side of the motor. The motor should have power whenever the HVAC/ign is on. The resistor is behind the glovebox door, if you ground it out here, the motor should run. These are pretty easy to diagnose with a test light and jumper wire.
If the blower motor needs replacement, it is from under the passenger side foot area. There is one screw by the firewall that is hard to get at.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out, it was the resistor. Part could only be obtained from the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! This was the information I was looking for. I have an '04 Town and Country. The front blower worked fine this morning, then wouldn't work at all this afternoon. We checked /swapped relays and fuses, but that wasn't it. I'm hoping it isn't the blower motor! Where was the resistor located that you replaced on your '05? And, you can tell this is a woman's question: What is the best way to remove the glovebox door? It looks as though it should pop off on the bottom, but wanted to know if there was a trick to it.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
With the glovebox door open, you push in on either side to release the plastic stops from the edges of the dash opening. You may want to empty the glovebox first as when the stops release, it will tip down and usually spill out on the floor.
The resistor is at the 5-wire connector with 2 screws into the housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts