Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a 2005 neon sxt with the 2.0 engine about 3 years ago only had to replace the middle motor mount when I first bought it. After driving it around for a year it had a head gasket blow. So when I pulled off the head, and took it to my buddies mechine shop to have him surface it. After a bit and some parts I decided to turbo the 2.0. here are some pics of the build and what I got done. I replaced all the motor mounts, got the water pump ,oil pump and the timing set up.
Purple Textile Wood Magenta Pattern

Gas Rectangle Electric blue Automotive exterior Auto part

Motor vehicle Hood Light Blue Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headlamp

Blue Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Rim

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Gas Auto part

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
138 Posts
If I remember my readings from 2gn and neonsorg some guys would use DOHC heads on SOHC shortblock for a lower compression ratio. Opposite of high comp N/A builds with SOHC head on DOHC block. What spark / fuel management system are you going to use? Sweet to see people still wrenching on neons. Mine is in about 100 unlabeled pieces atm.. 😪 ill be back to it soon though if I don't buy another project.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome aboard from NJ. I had an 05 Neon XST that I bought new. It was only the second new car I ever bought. It was my commuter car until I got rid of it last year! I live in the rust belt and the car was never undercoated so it rotted out badly. Add to that it was never garaged,(as I don't have a garage). For the last year & a half, it had a blown head gasket and I drove it like that. It had almost 252,000 miles on it when we parted! It was a good car & I would buy it again. What pissed me off was they stopped making the 2 door long before I bought it. It was the first 4 door I ever bought with the exclusion of station wagons. Best of luck with your toy! 😋

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love a good 4 door the whole family can go racing at the same time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and I got the vacuum lines routed for the turbo and bov and oil feed line installed
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Hood Bicycle tire

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
138 Posts
If looking for previous builds id be on neons.org or 2gn forums.

(Hope outside link posting is okay, but this is prob his best best for previous neon builds.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.