Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all - newbie here. I have a 2005 Neon SXT and need to do the rear brakes. I had them dome 2 years ago by a "smaller" shop and they just haven't been right. One side drags and they seem soft. My neighbor is a retired mechanic, he pulled the drums and said the wrong shoes were put in. They are too narrow, but the right size in general. I looked at an on-line catalog and there are a few different options and sizes for the rear drums and shoes. Q: How can I identify what I should have? So I can get the correct parts for the car. If by VIN # , how do i go about that? Do I need to take them off and measure something? I just want the OEM correct parts (shoes and drums).
Any input is greatly appreciated. JD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it took me so long to find this. I don't know my way around the site yet and didn't have my notifications set up ( still not sure ). Anyway. I ordered all new parts - front pads, front rotors, rear shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware kits, and drums. I ordered the from Rock Auto - matched all part numbers to OEM then purchased them all from Wagner. So, they should be right and all go together - I am putting in all OEM parts as far as I know. I know one wheel cylinder is blown - leaking currently everywhere - that's what led to this. So, I am replacing both and flushing / bleeding the whole system. Another replied to my post that a quart should do it?
Thanks for the reply and the help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.