Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Pacifica AWD that stalls on occasion when making a right turn, like turning into a driveway or at a stop sign. It starts right up and may go days or weeks before it does it again. The dealers and local auto shops can't seem to find the problem. Seems there are no "codes" coming up. Any know of the fix. Seems it's a problem that's not new. One repair shop wanted to start replacing parts it see which one world fix the problem. Seem a bit expensive, Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
21,367 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Have the dealer program and install the Co-pilot data recorder tool for your 'road test' use. It can record up to 3 separate stall events and the 90 seconds leading up to the stall. Not everything will leave behind a fault code.
Back at the shop, they can analyze the recordings to see what may be dropping out at the time of stall.
This is a much better way of diagnosis than just guessing at which parts to replace.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Check for a loose or broken motor mount too. I've seen it happen.

·
Super Moderator
21,367 Posts
The Pacificas have a 'saddle-style' tank where there is a 'joined' left and right side tank. There is a thin connection at the top between the two sides.
This is to provide clearance down the center of the vehicle for the exhaust and driveshaft (for AWD).
There is a left and right side sending unit that feed into the BCM which takes an average of both to display on the fuel gauge. The fuel pump is only on one side of the tank.
I have seen fuel siphon into one side of the tank from the other side and cause fuel starvation/stalling issues. This can happen on anything less than a completely full tank.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Have you noticed this issue when the fuel level is at half a tank or below ? If so, the check valve in the fuel pump may have failed or popped out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts