Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having my tailgate unlocking as I drive and alarm starts beeping, then as I ride down the road the alarm says it's open when it isn't. Now all my door actuators engage when I hit bumps driving down road. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I tried disconecting the wires but thought better than doing that. Today the alarm was on and interior lights lit until I got to destination, I never shut car off but the alarm and lughts went off until I got about 5 - 10 blocks.

·
Super Moderator
21,346 Posts
Is the liftgate unlocking or unlatching? By the alarm, you mean the warning chime for 'gate' or 'door ajar'?
Are the auto door locks configured to unlock all the other doors when a door is opened?
I might suspect that a door latch switch is being 'tickled' when the body flexes over bumps. Do all the doors close flush to the body? If you push hard against a door or the liftgate from the inside of the vehicle, can you recreate the chime and interior light coming on? If a helper can help pull the door handle inboard as in closing a door on a road test, it may also help find which door (or the liftgate) is the culprit. 0996b43f8022dbe6.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The liftgate willcome ajar (come loose and needs to be pushed close) and try to open sometimes when driving. Now while driving when liftgate chimes the all other door actuators engage and try to lock themselves as if I was driving from start and all doors lock.

·
Super Moderator
31,978 Posts
Probably needs a latch adjustment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I solved the problem by disconnecting the wire to latch. The latch needed no adjustment. I guess I need a new lock on liftgate. Thank You all for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts