Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few post on here in another thread so I think it's time I need to start my own instead of posting on another person's thread so here go's...

These are the final images as of today (8/3/22) First of when I got the car it was dull and really didn't have a whole lot of shine so the first thing i did was wet sanded her down and buffed it back out using a 4 step process from high speed to orbital to hand waxing.... She had plenty of paint for this operation. I sanded everything by hand and with an garden hose, yeah, I'm old school!. I don't believe in using electric sanders and water bottles.... too many things can go wrong in a hurry so I just took 3 days and got it done.

Second was an complete new undercarriage with wheel hubs, brakes, bearings.... basically everything. She rode like a brand new car and like it was on rails.

Then I had my engine worked on, new mounts, all belts, timing, plugs, wires.... a lot of stuff and she came to life and ran really awesome! Lots of little addon's to beef up the performance. She's only an naturally aspirated engine and not the turbo model but after a few mods she really gets up and go's. I doubt I'll ever need an turbo.

Well after all this stuff I finally broke it down and purchased some BC Coilovers and these are the Extreme Lows. I have plenty of room to work the height too. Right now they are right at the center of the highest point and lowest point. So that being said,... if you want extreme lows they work just perfect for an 2005 model.

Anyway.... Here are the latest pics and a link for an acceleration video.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I have a lot more to do, little things.... like the pillars and maybe some new lights as well. The headlights are actually really nice but this camera makes them look worn and foggy, all in all they have a good light beam and light the road pretty good for now but yeah, LED's are in the mix i think and some cool taillights as well.

I might also go with new bumper covers front and back but we'll see. I like the front one from pteazer (i think thats the name) something like that but I might just keep it original. The back bumper cover needs a little works as it has had a few nicks here and there but that's something I can repair really easy.

Acceleration Video.

Well it's been fun working on her so far. Hopefully future projects will go good and one day I can finally get it to what I want and then stop and let he rest.

Cheers everyone!.

~A~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally a black PT would look best with Chrome wheels.
But your bright gray Anthracite wheels POP!
Looks great!
(y) (y)
Thanks Sooner PT!... Do you know where I can get some led instrument panel lights? I've ordered some from superbriteled's but the first ones I ordered light up everything but the needles. Then I ordered another model of light from them that have led's around the outside of the bulb and now they are too big. I assume you need led's around the outside of the bulb so it can spread the light into the needles, is that right? can you tell me what type will work? I need six for the gauges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts