Allpar Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The problem was likely all in the wrong spark plugs. It does matter.
If they were purchased fairly recently, many auto parts stores will exchange them rather than having an upset customer. Some vehicles can tolerate platinums instead of coppers, some not so much.
Always use OEM replacement parts for best results. I have seen wording like: 'OE-style' that bothers me.
Aviation and drag racers still mainly prefer copper-nickel spark plugs. There are articles on Google about the differences, advantages and benefits of electrode materials. Heat conduction is a big factor.
We also have the 'miracle' Iridium and Ruthenium plugs (beware of the Marketing department claims!)
Lots of Chrysler engineering lab resources, time and money goes into selecting the optimum ignition 'burn' for a particular engine.
Nope, started doing it again just a few hours ago. It's done it to me 3 times tonight.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,724 Posts
Try driving it with a fuel pressure gauge attached to the fuel rail? In good weather, I have pinned the gauge under a wiper blade to see it while I drive.
Make sure that the gauge hose is kept away from hot or spinning parts. Be sure that there are no fuel leaks before starting out on the drive.
If the pressure stays good, look at upstream O2 sensor readings next. You may need to borrow a capable scan tool.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts