Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Sebring Conv. Yesterday evening my rear view mirror interior lights didn't come on when door opened and was difficult to find the ignition key entry was. The rear floor lights came on and when the dimmer switch is hard over position brings the rear floor lights on but not the rear view mirror lights. Checked all the fuses and would appreciate any help on what could be the problem. Many thanks.

Added Conv.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just sold a 93 Labaron Conv after 15 years, great car. I thought of the bulbs but would they both go at the same time? I'll check them tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checking the bulbs lead me to find loose connection where the wires go into the mirror. Will be taking the mirror apart to check cause later this week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick follow up. How to take this rear view mirror apart, any suggestions please.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My take on this intermittent problem is that when I wiggle the wires at the rear of the rear view mirror everything flickers including the green light so I feel the problem was either in the plug or the socket. After reworking the connectors on the plug in socket part which didn't help so I removed the mirror and brought it to my work bench. My conclusion is that the mirror assy is not a serviceable part. I removed the lamp lenses and was unable to see fastening screws and was unable to pry anything apart. Something I should have seen earlier is that the male plug in part on the mirror side when I wiggle the prongs notice they moving also and concluded are probably soldered onto a printed circuit and due to vibration etc. have become cold soldered. This mirror assy seems to be used in many different Chrysler products so trip to local wreckers is in order.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I saved an auto-dimming, Compass/Temp mirror from the trash to see if I could adapt it to my car. The halves are glued together. I could cut it apart to try and repair it, but haven't tried it yet. Not serviced, although the solder repair would be simple enough. Newer ones are LED lighting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sound like a great idea, does it have the same plug arrangement? My vehicle has a 7 pin push connecter so maybe I'll have a look around also.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Mine is a 7-pin connector. Two of the connector pins are for the inter-module communication bus which receives the display info. You may need a premium BCM for the C/T function.
The auto-dimming mirror is a self-contained electric eye facing the back window. I believe that it also dims the outside drivers mirror over the bus, which I don't have.
If yours isn't a Sebring Limited, look for one. The highline Sebring and Stratus (JR-body) sedans may also have options to dress your convertible up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts