Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Wrangler Sport RHD. I had a damaged engine wiring harness. I replaced the harness with a brand new OEM harness. Everything works perfectly except tranny won't shift out of first. Tranny was shifting fine previous to harness change. Anyone got any ideas? Are there any connectors to the tranny that I could have crossed that might cause such a conditon?

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. The 42RE transmission? With the electronic governor and speed sensor not connected to the PCM, it may not know how fast the vehicle is traveling and therefore may stay in first. Does your speedometer work? Any 'ck eng' light or stored 'P' fault codes in the odometer display?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpisTNiHgkg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
Welcome to Allpar. The 42RE transmission? With the electronic governor and speed sensor not connected to the PCM, it may not know how fast the vehicle is traveling and therefore may stay in first. Does your speedometer work? Any 'ck eng' light or stored 'P' fault codes in the odometer display?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpisTNiHgkg
Thanks for the reply. It is returning code 0700. I have a man coming by this afternoon with his new scanner which he says can delve into the PCM and tell exact pin number on PCM that is the problem. Probably have to send PCM off to SIA Electronics to be repaired/reprogrammed.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
The PCM/TCM wouldn't be my first suspect. I would more suspect a wiring or transmission sensor issue. Your transmission may be the 42RLE which has more electronics than the older 42RE.
Code P0700 does indicate that a transmission-specific fault code is present.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
How was the original harness damaged - fire, abrasion, pests? The damage may not have been confined to the harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts