Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to identify a part to replace it, but I cannot find a part number or description for this piece. It is a shifter seal or cover attached to the transmission. If anyone can help identify a part number, it would be very helpful for me to find and order a replacement. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,035 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Item #3 (# 55366062AA) below attaches to the floor hump and you need the part underneath this?

Item #1 (# 5143945AA) is serviced with the shift tower assembly. Unfortunately you can't just buy the rubber boot.

Status shows the part is discontinued, but shows a qty: 5 in Wisconsin.

Reactions: World14

·
Super Moderator
38,318 Posts
That assembly is expensive and I would like to just replace the boot.
Since the part you want to replace was not serviced by the factory (except as part of a larger assembly) you are really only left with two options:
1) Find something generic in the aftermarket.
2) Find something used but in better shape from a similar vehicle in the junkyard, eBay, or some other parts source.You may find the whole shift tower cheaper this way hopefully with a better cover.
or
3) bite the bullet and get the expensive part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm considering my options. Was thinking about trying to design something and printing it on a 3d printer. Just not sure if a 3d printed part would hold up long term.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts