Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coolant starts to overflow along with steam from expansion tank...at about 210 F temp.
upper radiator hose is hard....I believe system is having excessive pressure...
recently change of thermostat gasket ...checked thermostat and it opened at the right temp...change of timing belt...brand new cap....

I don't see any obvious leaks...

Car does jerk when cold start ....but it smooth out when it warms or hot...

I checked with combustion leak tester ...the fluid does not change color...I waited until 180 F ..I cant wait any further because coolant fill start flowing out (without cap)

can vacuum leak cause this ( I don't think so ....)

I understand head gasket can cause this...but why blue liquid does not change color to yellow or anything else...

Also, faulty expansion tank can cause this?

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Could also be a failed water pump or restriction like a clogged radiator in the system.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,005 Posts
Typically the inner cores of the radiator build up deposits (scaling) that inhibit effective heat transfer or there are enough radiator fins missing or damaged. Symptoms that I have experienced with my vehicles are temperature is normal or near normal at idle as there is enough heat transfer to keep the engine at proper operating temperature, but running hot (gauge at 3/4+) at speed because the radiator cannot dissipate the additional heat of the engine at those speeds.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
Have you pressure tested the radiator cap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts