Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 2.4L and I have an error code P0315 (Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned) and P0335 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction).

I see videos online for replacing the crank position sensor on the 2.0L Caliber but none on the 2.4L and under my car looks a lot different than the 2.0L videos.

Does anyone know where the crank position sensor is on the 2.4L Caliber, and how do I get to it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
. . . .I see videos online for replacing the crank position sensor on the 2.0L Caliber but none on the 2.4L and under my car looks a lot different than the 2.0L videos.

Does anyone know where the crank position sensor is on the 2.4L Caliber, and how do I get to it? . . .
I suggest checking the wiring between the crankshaft position sensor and the PCM (powertrain control module). Look for chafed, pinches, abraded wires, broken wires. Make sure all electrical connectors are clean and tight.

The crankshaft position sensor is on the firewall side of the engine block and near the transmission end. If you have an all wheel drive vehicle the rear drive power unit limits access. See attached image.

Dodge Caliber Engine Devices.gif

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
The Calibers have an issue with the wiring harness that runs from under the battery, through the fender well. Apparently, Dodge make them just a little too short and they will chaff and rub through and short wires in this area and some simply break internally. The TIPM is a pain in the neck and this was the first year for the Calibers and the TIPM system in them is sketchy. Do what AllanC recommended first and if that doesn't help, pull the battery, battery tray and wheel liner and start checking wires there.You could always go to www.caliberforumz.com and join there. It's dedicated to the Calibers. I used to be a member there, but since my Caliber got killed, I finally left. It's not very active as there are fewer and fewer Calibers on the roads now, but still has a few die-hard members who try to keep it going. Check it out, you may find some suggestions or answers there too. Tell them Flyinghigh sent you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts