Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Our 07 Sebring has no cruise control operation.It just stopped working a few months ago.When the switch is pressed nothing happens,if you hold the switch in,the "cruise" indicator shows for a moment.

Every-thing else seems to work ok,just a tad annoying is all.

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Check for fault codes? Possible brake switch adjustment? Do you have access to an OBD II scan tool to road test with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks for your input,much appreciated!

Thanks for the link,I I must get one that is suitable for these vehicles.I currently have 2 x 2007,and 1x 2009 build Chrysler/Dodge vehicles.

When I get this tool,I'll place fault codes and remedy for others reference.

Thanks Robert.

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
That isn't my link, it's put there by the website advertiser. Still that is a nice OTC scan tool!
You may want to have an auto parts store check for codes for free. There may not be any. Some cruise codes won't trip the 'ck eng' light because they aren't tied to emissions. An active fault code in another engine area may not allow cruise to work and lock it out if it could cause a problem by using it.
Some stores won't check codes for you if the light isn't on.
Some stores let you borrow it over the counter and leave your license (or ID) with them while you go out to do diagnosis.
A good scan tool will report your button pushes to test the switches. You want to see each switch change state as you press it: on/off, set, cancel and brake pedal, etc.
If your CRUISE light lights up momentarily and then goes out, it could be cancelling itself for safety reasons by the PCM because of an underlying wrong switch state, sensor value or other issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts