Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noise in the frontend when driven over rough roads. Dealer looked it over and said it needs shocks. These have a shock/ strut assembly. I dont think i need to replace the whole assembly, just shocks and isolator/rubber pad for the upper end of the assembly. I know the 2008 dakotas ride firm. I have about 48,000 on it. Wondering if anyone has had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
I have replaced worn sway bar links and bushings on these. Get a second opinion on the shocks.
Can you hear the noise when jouncing the front end with a couple of helpers? The shocks can be replaced separately if needed.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give that a try. I notice the noise only at low speeds, of course going over rough roads or pot. Not at high speeds. Ive tried to move the shocks and check for looses bushings, etc. Seem pretty tight.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to say thanks, replaced the sway bar bushings and the sway bar links. Found bad one on the passenger side where the noise was coming from. Once i had them out i found the woren one.Thanks again!
ImperialCrown said:
I have replaced worn sway bar links and bushings on these. Get a second opinion on the shocks.
Can you hear the noise when jouncing the front end with a couple of helpers? The shocks can be replaced separately if needed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ImperialCrown said:
I had a look at mine, a 2006 with 50000 miles on it, no noise but the rubber bushings look shabby and loose. Are these dealer only parts or aftermarket ? If aftermarket can you make a recommendation?

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
For bushings, I would only go OEM.
Links should be avaiable aftermarket with grease fittings. Even so, I have seen grease fitted links fail early because of cheap rubber joint boot sealing.
Worn rubber bushings may have a thud or knock sound over low speed bumps where links have more of a bang or rattle sound quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts