Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to replace the glove box light to find out there is none ? why would they make a car with out a glove box light .... its a simple item and helps every one .... any ways is there anyone that has added one to this vehicle i went out and got a light with switch but the whole box is in a metal casing behind the dash ... I will sooner our later drill this and add a light ......

please help

·
Super Moderator
39,994 Posts
Look for a plug filling a spot where the factory light would be, then get the part from a dealer or junkyard and wire it in.

I’m assuming it was an option on some cars. This was the case for my 2007 Magnum.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,655 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. My 2007 Caliber SXT doesn't have upper or lower glove box lighting either. It may have been available as an option called a 'Light Package' on mid and high-line cars that were ordered with it?
2007 and 2008 were very bad years for Chrysler and cars were 'decontented' in a cost-cutting move. I don't think that they knew that customers noticed these cost-cutting moves as much as they did.
It was sad at the dealer when I had to explain to a customer that "That's the way they come now". It was particularly sad when the customer just traded an older version of the same model and noticed that the new car had some 'unexpected' missing options that their old car had.
"All 4 power window switches had an LED light, now only the driver's window switch does", etc.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
My '07 Ram ST didn't have one, either. But it had the place for one, with a plastic plug. It also has the connector, so adding it was very easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well no plastic plug thanks for the idea .... ill have to drill i guess, I got the idea from this web page

Glovebox LED light install walkthrough (at https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/glovebox-led-light-install-walkthrough.131436/ )

sorry for adding a link to another forum.. either way you get the idea on what iam trying to do ....

the walk thru shows a connector in side that car but with mine nothing so where should i wire this into the car itself .... would it be best to just take it to the fuse box then to wire it into say ? air bag power our is that a bad idea ?

there is a rely there for a motor to control the air... would be the only wires showing ......unless i look at the door side ....

ideas anyone

·
Banned
2,908 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. My 2007 Caliber SXT doesn't have upper or lower glove box lighting either. It may have been available as an option called a 'Light Package' on mid and high-line cars that were ordered with it?
2007 and 2008 were very bad years for Chrysler and cars were 'decontented' in a cost-cutting move. I don't think that they knew that customers noticed these cost-cutting moves as much as they did.
It was sad at the dealer when I had to explain to a customer that "That's the way they come now". It was particularly sad when the customer just traded an older version of the same model and noticed that the new car had some 'unexpected' missing options that their old car had.
"All 4 power window switches had an LED light, now only the driver's window switch does", etc.
My 2005 caravan only has the drivers window switch lit but my buddys 2001 all light up.

·
Super Moderator
33,367 Posts
My wife's 2012 Chrysler 200 Touring has neither a glove box light nor lock. No plug, the light is simply not available at all on any trim level. I'm guessing it's to make it easier to remove the glove box, which has to be done every 18K or 24K miles, I think it is, to replace the cabin air filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.