Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We finished 18th out of 82 cars entered, completed the entire race, but the 2008 Avenger R/T wasn't as fast and didn't handle as good as my 2009 Charger SE. I think I can make some changes that will help, we have a few repairs to make, lost a little bit of the front bumper cover and damaged the battery tray and killed the battery. Next race is Aug 14th

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not a lot of damage, happened on the first lap, got ran into from behind, accordion effect and we hit the car in front smashing the bumper cover and battery (being a stock class they won't let me relocate the battery)

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Video unavailable??

Still, you're doing well and learning lots!

Please keep us updated.

Best of luck.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey congrats. Representing Dodge out there, but it makes me sad to see it get damaged. Maybe in a few years we will see you leading the rankings of a local NASCAR related series. ;) Good luck out there and be safe!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey congrats. Representing Dodge out there, but it makes me sad to see it get damaged. Maybe in a few years we will see you leading the rankings of a local NASCAR related series. ;) Good luck out there and be safe!
At the age of 53 not sure I will make the Nascar ranks, I have a friend (Buzzy Reutimann, his nephew owns a junk yard) looking for a 3.6 Charger or Challenger for me, hoping to get more competitive with the Acura's that have been dominating. As far as the Avenger goes, I am going to be making some changes to the suspension setup making changes to the struts, caster, camber and toe settings and will be adding higher performance plugs, coil packs and injectors. For the battery I am going to have a shield installed to protect it better. Next race is Aug 14th. Besides the changes I need to make I only need a new front bumper cover and straighten out the battery tray and we will be ready to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts