Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Sebring convertible. I bought it used in 2011. This has been flawless till last month when unexpectedly the decklid opened & the rear dash-pad extended & just stopped without any one noticing. I unlocked the decklid with the key & unplugged the twin screws drive motor for the dash-pad. The dash-pad retracted scratching the top on the way. The decklid closed by pulling up on the front of the decklid very gently & it closed. The problem now is the "convertible top in operation" is displayed all the time. The the front latches are only partially latched. Any help would be appreciated. I have ordered a PTCM. I don't know where it is located on the car. Any troubleshooting tips would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,730 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. This is a retractable hardtop? How was it diagnosed to be the PTCM? Have you contacted the dealer about possible software version updates or TSB's on this issue? The PTCM is capable of self-tests and storing fault codes that can be reached by an advanced scan tool.

☞ Edit: I see a TSB (technical service bulletin) # 23-047-07 and a recall G41 for early production Sebring convertible hardtops. It addresses a micro-switch and software update. What is your build date? (MDH (month, day, hour) should be on the drivers door label).
I would suggest that all the modules get the latest and greatest software 'flash' updates. they usually always improve a car. The dealer should be able to complete all of them under the 'diagnostic fee' or 'minimum shop charge'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts