Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I have had the same problems as many t&c owners. but this one is why I want to go back to toyota or honda. the other day the AC stopped working and all i get is warm air and no AC. i called to see if any recalls were on the AC and sure enough there is one. however that recall was completed last month when chrysler wanted $500 to fix a hose leak in the coolent area. I fixed it for $20.00. I would like to know why with no warnings it decided for me that I don't need AC in Florida during the summer. Is it a relay if so where in the hell did chrysler put it. Fuse box is a joke you need to speak ten codes of aerobic to understand that mess. taking the van to the dealer for an $11.00 part and be charged again $80.00 just to look at it is out of the question. Oh the compresor is not on when the switch is on AC inside the van. Is this going to be a norm for this T&C. I also like that the break warning light does not work and let you know your breaks are about to fail down hill. So kill your family in the process of stoping good luck. Crysler needs to equip the van with a dragster parachute. It could only help stop the van and save you money in repairs.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I'm still trying to parse what you're saying...

You mention refrigeration problems then seem to switch to engine cooling, then you switch to electrical and then to brakes.

So, what's the ACTUAL problem?

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Discuss this with the service manager that you just had the A/C recall done with and explain that now the A/C is not working.
If both of you are reasonable about this, he may waive the diagnostic fee (usually the minimum charge). I'm not saying that it is related to the recall or whether it will be a free repair because I don't know what the problem is. If it is related to their work, they should cover it. It could be as simple as a reset.
There is no fuse or relay as the TIPM controls the compressor clutch by a solid state driver. These drivers can shut off a component if it sees a problem that could potentially damage the component or the circuit. Diagnosis first.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,677 Posts
So Chrysler told you it had a leak and you opted to fix it on the cheap and you wonder why it failed?

The brake warning light is not designed to tell you when the brakes are worn. It only comes on if there is a problem with the hydraulic system. It's your responsibility as the owner/operator to periodically check the brakes (and other safety issues) or have them checked. I highly doubt the Honda or Toyota's do this. In fact no vehicle does.

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
I don't guess you've noticed that Chrysler uses the same wonderful Japanese compressors that work forever on Honda and Toyota? AT least that's what the T and H owners will claim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts