Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, friend at work has this car with 62k miles and was told by 2 oil changing shops he had a MOL. So, being a Chrysler retiree I wanted to put this to rest and looked under the car. The K-member/sway bar and engine/tranny parting line look damp. This was after shop cleaned off the previous mess. It looks to be a rear seal but I was thinking the new hardware was leak proof at least that's my experience. I Googled this topic but didn't see a lot. Do the 3.6L have some problems with crank seals?

thank
tom

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I assumed it had the 3.6L but didn't even look closely at the motor label when the hood was up. He bought this car used from a KIA dealership and says he has a 100k warranty but I don't know what it covers. I believe he is about to find out.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, local Chrysler dealership says leaking oil pan gasket and wants $650 to fix, no coverage on warranty. 3hrs labor on the estimate. Dang that's a lot but maybe labor intensive?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.