Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably not the first with this but I have a question for the group. Have a 2010 Caravan 21K miles and the rotors are warped. It is still under warranty and I did receive the warranty extension letter from Dodge. So I called the dealer and they are telling me that they will cover the repairs but I will still have to pay a 100 dollars. I am thinking that this should be entirely covered by the warranty and how common is this problem? Thanks Jack

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
I am probably not the first with this but I have a question for the group. Have a 2010 Caravan 21K miles and the rotors are warped. It is still under warranty and I did receive the warranty extension letter from Dodge. So I called the dealer and they are telling me that they will cover the repairs but I will still have to pay a 100 dollars. I am thinking that this should be entirely covered by the warranty and how common is this problem? Thanks Jack
Keep in mind that brakes are a wear item and are only "warranted" for the first 12 months / 12,000 miles. Journey's owners have been notified of the same warranty extension (Journey's have the same brake set up). Not sure about the Caravan's but premature brake wear was common for '09 and '10 Journey's. $100 for new pads and rotors is a deal - don't complain, though I agree the pads/rotors should last far longer than 21K miles. Had a '00 T&C Ltd that ate pads as well (every 25K) - was a matter of finding the best pads for that van. The last set I put on had over 40K when I traded it.

I had an '09 Journey we bought new in March 2008. I had to replace the front pads at 22K miles ($225). I eventually filed a good will claim after finding out the Journey brakes were the same as the Caravan's. Chrysler reimbursed me in full and then came out with their warranty extension letter.

We now have a '10 Journey SXT that replaced our '09 Journey SXT (long story). I just had the front brakes serviced at 48K, but I believe the pads were not original. We purchased the vehicle used with 30K miles on it. I doubt the brake pads on it at 48K were the original. Fortunately I had an online coupon from Firestone and had them serviced for less than $100 (new "Lifetime" Wagner Thermoquiet pads/turned rotors).

·
KOG
6,997 Posts
Replaced rotors on my 09 at 36K at my expense. Got letter about a month after that and didn't even bother to file as the new premium grade rotors had cost me a total of $60 at Advance during one of their web sales deals. Looks like pads will go at least 100K which tells you how hard I am on brakes. Rotors were badly warped even with that light use. I think the rotors I got were the better grade of Chinese and Chrysler used the cheap grade of Chinese for OEM. At 55K the new ones aren't showing any signs of warp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, to update the problem the dealer is going to replace the fronts and i just got word that the rear rotors are starting to warp as well. The quote to fix from the dealer 600, looks like i am gonna do them myself..

KOG- it looks like I will go to advance and check out the those rotors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts