Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the pentestar 3.6. Just after 30,000 miles I started noticing a slight vibration both in the accelerator pedal and the steering wheel. I had just had the alignment done, and the tires rotated and balanced but to no avail. I then took the vehicle back to the dealer. They had it for three full days and found nothing. The only thing I thought of was maybe the tires (Goodyear Fortera), but they've got alot of tread and the wear pattern is even across the tire. The vibration only occurs above 74 mph, and at no other time. It's got me stumped.

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
The vibration started after tire rotation? Tires. Period. Vibration can be due to not only balance off the car, but out of round and out of true tires, which some dealers are very reluctant to "find".

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
If the dealer has a 'Road Force' tire machine, that may find a shifted belt or some internal tire anomoly that a visual inspection or tire balancer won't find. You can balance an egg, but the machine will get the most minimum tire/rim runout possible. Some tires will not fall below minimum, this tire will fail and needs replacement. Maybe it can be used as a spare?
I realize that the dealer can only road test a vehicle within the legal speed limit and follow other traffic laws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts