Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , Does anybody know the correct lug nut torque for a 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring?
Just got my first torque wrench and want to save my brakes, tires, and alignment.

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lugnuts are across the board torqued to 70lb-ft cross patterned to go equally.

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
And that should probably be dry. No oil, antiseize or other lubricant allowed.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Check your owners manual. Directions for changing a tire are on p328. Safe vehicle jacking and support practices are a must. It looks like 100 ft/lbs (135 N/m) final torque.

·
Premium Member
20,079 Posts
No wonder there are always complaints of warped rotors and the likes. I have been known for breaking the occasional bolt of various sizes, really surprised the torque is that high, can just see my wife or daughter changing a tire and tightening the lug nuts to 100lb-ft, not really a viable torque with the handle they supply, but sure bet it wouldn't come off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS so much for all your replies , I didn't even think to look under tire jacking ,looked everywhere else it is 100lbs , Great quick replies thanks , B

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I've been torquing all of my Mopar lug nuts to 100 ft.lb for over 20 years.

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Back in the "oil lightly" days it was 60-65 ft lbs. Same lugs dry (since about 1980) are 90-100.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discount Tire has a lug nut torque chart. Click on the "Info Center" to find it and a ton of other tire related info.
My 96 Sebring LXi is also 100ft-lbs. Anything less and they come loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts