Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep released their redesigned 2011 Compass today. Looks nice, has anyone seen any in dealerships yet? Any reviews on ride quality? I built one on the Jeep website today, loaded is around $30k with a $1000 rebate....nice there's a rebate but i havent found a dealer with any in stock yet.

R

·
0 Posts
No, but I haven't been to a dealer recently. Looking down the road for a future used vehicle.

I did a quick search on cars.com, and compared the the 2011 Compass to the Mazda3, Speed3, and Suburu Impreza, all hatchback models. Direct link:

http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimCompare.jsp?acodes=USC10MAC172A0,USC10SUC042C0,USC10JES152A0,USC10MAC221A0

What surprised me the most is that the 4x4 Compass gets the best fuel economy in the city, and ties for best on the highway at 22/28. I have not driven the new compass, but I have tested the others.

I still find it surprising that the taller, heavier, 4x4 Compass can best a base FWD car.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I saw one at the Jeep dealer so I stoped to look. It looks good in person. They had it parked next to an older one. I looks like a completely new car, not a remodel. I think it will sell to the people who don't need or cant afford the larger GC with no problems.
Mick

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a 2011 Compass Limited the otehr day at a local dealer. Looked very nice, I'm in the market to replace my wife's 2008 Mercury MAriner and will check into the compass. I think the biggest decision point will be the ride quality.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
I found a 2011 Compass Limited the otehr day at a local dealer. Looked very nice, I'm in the market to replace my wife's 2008 Mercury MAriner and will check into the compass. I think the biggest decision point will be the ride quality.
Jeeps are not purchased for their ride quality... :rolleyes:
They are purchased for their utility, capability, ruggedness and in the case of the Compass, it's 30 mpg economy. It's ride is not bad, but it's entirely different from a Mercury and rightfully so...

·
I'm so far behind I thought I was in first place.
4,810 Posts
I really like the front end, worlds better than it originally was. Nice to see they further refined the interior also; I would be interested in one if I were in the market.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeeps are not purchased for their ride quality... :rolleyes:
They are purchased for their utility, capability, ruggedness and in the case of the Compass, it's 30 mpg economy. It's ride is not bad, but it's entirely different from a Mercury and rightfully so...

:D
Ride quality is important :spittake:

·
I'm so far behind I thought I was in first place.
4,810 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it. I think this updated version will be on my list of vehicles to look for whenever it's time to replace my PT.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
It does add a touch of class with the baby Grand Cherokee look rather than the high cheek-boned Liberty look.. A cleaner, less busy look inside and out. Nice refresh, but I hope that it's not too late for better media/public acceptance. Keep the Patriot looking like a Patriot.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
It does add a touch of class with the baby Grand Cherokee look rather than the high cheek-boned Liberty look.. A cleaner, less busy look inside and out. Nice refresh, but I hope that it's not too late for better media/public acceptance. Keep the Patriot looking like a Patriot.
We can hope, but I'm afraid it's getting replaced by the re-badged CUSW Fiats in a year or two.
Hopefully the sales will jump this year and remain high and replacing it with a Fiat will be reconsidered.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
The more I look at it the more I like it. I think this updated version will be on my list of vehicles to look for whenever it's time to replace my PT.
But your PT will run to 400,000 miles! :lol:

(I'm over half way there now with my PT) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I was driving through Orlando this morning on my way to work when a great looking vehicle caught my eye. At a distance I thought it was a Grand Cherokee, but as it got closer I realized it was a 2011 Compass. I thought the Compass looked great in pictures, but it is no comparison to seeing it in real life. What a great looking vehicle. They did an amazing job on this. :clap:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had my 11 Compass 4x4 with the auto tranny for a month now. I was attracted to its looks and ride--better than my son's 07 Compass. I am still impressed after 1600 miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have had my 11 Compass 4x4 now for almost a year and a half. Still love it! Made several trips to KANS, ND and NEB and did some minor off-roading. I'm pleased with it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
I was driving through Orlando this morning on my way to work when a great looking vehicle caught my eye. At a distance I thought it was a Grand Cherokee, but as it got closer I realized it was a 2011 Compass. I thought the Compass looked great in pictures, but it is no comparison to seeing it in real life. What a great looking vehicle. They did an amazing job on this. :clap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts