Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 crew and since the day I first road tested it I loved it. Except for one prob with right front door.The auto up and door lock/unlock buttons and night illumination dont work properly. when you open the right door and try to lock the doors with that switch, they dont lock. when you open the door at night so someone can get out, the illumination blinks on & off, at times when you lift on the right or left master window switch the auto up function doesnt work you have to hold the switch up to close the window. I had it to the dealer two times in the year that Ive had the vehicle and they replaced two harnesses for the right door.the problem still exists and the dealer said "they all do that, we tried the rest of the durangos on the lot and they are all the same".
Any suggestions?
Thank you Dennis

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I'm going to move this to Tech Support and Help so that more people see it.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
If you need to verify 'that they all do that', choose a Durango on the lot and try to reproduce the same symptoms yourself. The dealer should have no problem with you doing this to alleviate any concerns. Were the front door harnesses replaced to fix this?
A blinking LED on a door switch may be indicating a fault code stored in the door module (both front doors have their own door module). Or it may indicate a refusal to carry out an 'illegal' command because of other situations that the body control software prevents.
Read the part in the owners manual about re-training the front window 'Express up' feature. This may have to be done if the battey goes dead or is disconnected for some reason.
The power locks may not lock with a door open and the key in the ignition. This is to prevent keys from being locked in the vehicle.
Try this on another Durango.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts