Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So gvuys I just found this site and not a car guy but I had a 1997 Caravan that the transmission went bad in and then a 2008 Town and Country that hyad more problems than I could list and now have a 2012 Caravan bought new I am at 10k miles and it is jerking and thrashing when I accelrate sometimes. What gives?

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Your TCM may need flashing, but the first thing you need to do is have the codes run on it and see what shows up. As far as your old ones go, did you service the transmissions yourself or trust someone else to do it? If you trusted someone else, odds are very good that they didn't use the proper fluid in them. ATF+4 ONLY in Mopar transmissions. I don't care what any shop tells you, Dexron plus an additive is not the same thing and will destroy your transmission. If that's what's going on, then you need to change it yourself, or find a shop that will listen to you.

·
Super Moderator
36,916 Posts
I have split this off from the other thread so more people may see it.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
Any warranty? I'd let the dealer handle it.
Is it an engine misfire or transaxle issue? Agree with looking for codes. Replace nothing until this can be diagnosed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I alos had the cruise control on the caravan go and took it to the dealer which they fixed but claim they couldn't find anything else wrong with it after they took it for a test drive. I don't know about you but not to sure I trust the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
They had to put something down on the repair order to get paid by Chrysler. What did they say?
An active fault code will prevent the Cruise control from working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts