Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep has 4000 miles on her. The person I know came down a hill heard a noise and the truck would NOT turn to the right. It wa like the wheel was stuck ??? Anyopdy ??? Given back to the dealer to fix. Just wanted to know if there is any info on a problem klike this

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
I would have to think that something mechanical happened like a foreign object got kicked up from the road or dropped down from the engine compartment or something came apart, got wedged in and partially interfered with the movement of the steering linkage. That's just plain creepy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer has it and it is now steering OK. Gave it back. Two people drove it when it was screwed up and they are not happy with the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Why? What was the explanation of the problem? Or was it not explained?

·
Super Moderator
21,364 Posts
The dealer is powerless over concerns that can't be duplicated. An NPF (no problem found) of this potential seriousness would bother me too.
Don't blame the dealer unless they might have missed something that caused this. I'm sure that the problem would be very obvious if it were still there.
The vehicle owner needs to speak with the service manager and technician who inspected the vehicle directly to regain some peace of mind and maybe pass along a piece of information that may have been either not communicated or deemed unimportant at the time.
All involved here need the vehicle to be trusted and safe to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts