Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 town and country touring l and have recently uncovered a mystery issues with our rear brakes. We changed the brakes all around and discovered that there was a locked up pin in the caliper bracket. Went to the parts store where there is only one option for bracket and it doesn’t fit. It is not deep enough for the rotors. The brake pads I bought for the same vehicle fit the existing bracket perfectly so it’s been super confusing. Why can’t the parts place find the right bracket for my vehicle? Did Chrysler use other parts originally that were all changed? This has been a serious headache over the last couple days and is really putting a damper on a family of 6. If anyone can help me I would gladly appreciate it. I have become quite knowledgeable about the brakes over the last couple days but I can’t seem to find a part that is supposed to fit my vehicle!!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. There are 3 options for the rear brake caliper adapter bracket: Two choices for sales code BRE and one choice for sales code BR3.
See item # 5 here:

68192437AA - Mopar Parts Giant (at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-adapter-disc-brake-caliper~68192437aa.html?Make=Chrysler&Model=Town+%26+Country&Year=2012&Submodel=&Filter=() )

or:

68144208AA - Genuine Mopar ADAPTER-DISC BRAKE CALIPER (at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-adapter-disc-brake-caliper~68144208aa.html )

If your brake sales code is BRE, the latest Mopar part # for build dates before 3/23/12 is 68192439AB (superseded from 68192439AA).
For a build date after 3/24/12, the bracket for BRE would be Mopar # 68192437AA.
Is your brake system sales code is BR3, then the bracket is Mopar # 68144208AA.
They should probably order the part by VIN in order to ensure the correct part comes in.

·
Registered
864 Posts
When I have found them seized on my Charger, I drove them out with a punch (old screw driver) under the head of the pin part. Then cleaned up the rust inside the adapter with a drill bit (carefully) and a wire bottle brush - cleaned up the pins with a wire brush and reused them with a good quality silicone brake grease. I am getting the impression it is a good idea to check these and clean them up anytime you have a wheel off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts