Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a new 2013 200. Living in the northeast, I've purchased a set of snow tires and take off rims. I need to order TPMS sensors, but i'm unsure what manufacturer to buy. I've checked Ebay and there are several different sensor manufacturers out there. I'm looking for a set that will read back the pressure numbers like my current OEM's. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
twilight_imperium said:
I've recently purchased a new 2013 200. Living in the northeast, I've purchased a set of snow tires and take off rims. I need to order TPMS sensors, but i'm unsure what manufacturer to buy. I've checked Ebay and there are several different sensor manufacturers out there. I'm looking for a set that will read back the pressure numbers like my current OEM's. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
I used factory Chrysler parts on my 2011. Any reason you want aftermarket?

Thanks
Randy

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Agree. I cannot in good faith recommend any aftermarket parts either as the individual results vary too much and can be unsatisfactory. Aftermarket rim shape differences can be a problem with TPMS fit as well.
The internet is rife with folks who find out that what they ordered and purchased. doesn't work.
With Mopar, there is no question that what you buy will work. The TPMS RFID # may have to be entered into the WCM (wireless control module) with a scan tool and if a tire installer can't do that, the dealer can.
TPMS parts prices have fallen quite a bit compared to just 5 years ago as they become more commonplace. I think that every new vehicle has them now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mopar TPMS sensors are made by the same company(s) that makes the after markets. Either way, I was able to find a set of Mopar brand for 1/2 the price of the dealer. Thanks for the responses guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts