Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so My wife and I are taking delivery of a 2013 Avenger this week, its a blacktop edition but was ordered without the fog light option,(not by us) when I asked the dealer he said they dont have a "kit" available, now I am quite certain that the factory harness will have all the plugs I need in behind the grill inserts and dash to install them, what I want to know is dose anyone out there work for Chrysler currently and can confirm the part numbers of the parts I need, ie: lights, switch, relay?, etc I know the dealerships parts dept should know this but I am not confident there parts staff knows what I need, thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
Mopar doesn't offer a fog lamp kit and installing one may be problematic without the kit. If the wiring is there, it would go to the TIPM and if the TIPM does not recognize the fog light option then it will not power up those wires.
If you want factory fog lights, you have to purchase a car with fog lights.
You could try to install them the old-fashioned way with their own switch, relay and wiring. Make sure that the front fascia is the same between fog light and non-fog light cars as they can be different and the factory lights may not install without cutting plastic and installing support brackets.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, you really think they would design and use a seperate TIPM just for one model of car? that seems absurd but then who knows?, I have probably lost track somewhat of how complicated new cars have gotten like I mentioned in my last post I am sure the plugs are there as they wouldnt make two harnesses and I am pretty sure from looking at the two cars that the facia is the same but one can only hope all I need to do is have the dealer flash the TIPM or I guess I will need to go with aftermarket ones and install them within the facia but I dont want to have to do that, thanks

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
Probably not a seperate TIPM, but a differently programmed one. And unless the programming allows add on options it's not something you can crack into and add options.

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
That's exactly it. Modules are programmed by VIN, a cheap way for them to make sure that you don't get a function you didn't pay them for.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well sounds like after market ones then the dealer phoned today and said everything is sold seperate, brackets, lights, switch etc, so I think once I pick it up I will just install some after market lights in the holes where they were supposed to be I just wish I could have used the factory switch

·
KOG
6,994 Posts
You probably can use the factory switch. But you'll have to wire it from there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well dosnt look like something the dealer will do for me so I will do it myself and let you know what had to be done after I get it thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
i bought a 2010 challenger se that came w/o fog lights. i bought the "kit" which was the new light switch and the fog lights. the harness was already there. once everything was plugged in, i went to my dealer and asked them to add the fog lights sales code to my car. they charged my half an hours worth of tech time ($30) to do the update.

not sure if Mopar would backtrack their software. its generally a simple thing. all they need to know is what the sales code is for the particular option you are wishing to install. its essentially the same process if you want to add a uconnect option to your car.

take a look here:
http://www.mopar.com/part/05182021AB?s=353164&i=2266052&b=dodge

here

part# 82212324
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/Fog-Lights--LIGHT-KIT-Fog-Complete-Fog-lamp-kit---Same-as-production/4556600/82212324.html

can't say for sure on some of these part numbers. some of it seems to link back and forth..

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi thanks for the info, well according to the dealer and all the research I did there dosnt seem to be a kit for this paticular car, Challengers, Chargers, 300s yes, the numbers you gave seem only to fit the 300, they look the same but must be different so once we get the car,(today hopefully) I will compare it to others on the lot like the 300 to see if it looks the same as maybe it is just one item in the kit that is different

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
I notice that the JS sister car, the 200 doesn't offer a Mopar fog lamp kit either. It must be something about the JS family that prevents it from being offered.
I'm sure that they would if they could. If it were feasible and they could make money on it.
The Avenger factory fog lamps have a projector beam lens and are probably very expensive.
The 200 does offer LED accent lights that go in the lower fascia where a fog lamp would go. Very attractive in the catalog picture. No accent lights are offered for the Avenger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts