Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As stated in the title. Looking for $9,000 given the good condition of the car and current conditions; I've seen Darts with well over 100,000 miles going for over $10,000, so this seems reasonable. A/C was recently recharged as part of replacing the compressor clutch - it had been working acceptably but they "topped it off." Tires have been replaced. Has USB music setup (factory). Pics at 2013-2016 Dodge Dart vs 1974-1976 Dodge Dart (same car)

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
A correctly used clutch would last 100 k miles or more if its properly designed.
- in sweden were most people drive manuals this is usually not a question.
The clutch also has one benefit, change the clutch and its back in buisness again. Its a simple fix that usually just is time consuming and with little guesswork.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Dave. I don't see the miles in your note.
Oops. I'll go out and check but it was under 60,000.

A correctly used clutch would last 100 k miles or more if its properly designed.
There's a reason people ask about the Dart clutch.
The answer to that is that there is periodically a noise associated with the clutch. It could be the throwout bearing, simple dirt, or a slight oil leak. It doesn't go through clutch oil, so it's gotta be the throwout bearing or dirt getting in there. It's been going on for 20,000 miles. I'd think if it was the throwout bearing, it would have shown other symptoms by now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts