Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The Dart GT should be a sweet ride. I have the 1.4 turbo Rallye and have been enjoying it.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Looks similar to the SEMA showcar used to showcase Mopar parts.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mike V. said:
Looks similar to the SEMA showcar used to showcase Mopar parts.
I think it's the exact same car... they just pulled the old switcharoo with the rear badging.

Dark Tinted Windows, and no pictures allowed of the interior.

71Charger said:
Car is nice but I hate the color............
The Paint isn't Matte... it's the clear that is a Matte Finish.

I don't think this "paint" will ever make it to a production DART, because the average DART Buyer won't know how to keep it clean.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
I think it's the exact same car... they just pulled the old switcharoo with the rear badging.

Dark Tinted Windows, and no pictures allowed of the interior.

The Paint isn't Matte... it's the clear that is a Matte Finish.

I don't think this "paint" will ever make it to a production DART, because the average DART Buyer won't know how to keep it clean.
If Hyundai offers it on a similarly priced Veloster then Dodge will probably offer it as an option.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Moparian said:
If Hyundai offers it on a similarly priced Veloster then Dodge will probably offer it as an option.
Yes I know.... and have you read the "Dos and Dont's with Matte Finish" in their Warranty Booklets?

The Matte Finish is expressly not covered in the Warranty.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
Yes I know.... and have you read the "Dos and Dont's with Matte Finish" in their Warranty Booklets?

The Matte Finish is expressly not covered in the Warranty.
And with that, there is no way I would ever deal with a matte finish in a new car. Of the manufacturer won't back it up, then I have no business buying it ;)

Mike

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,994 Posts
If I were to try that, I'd have to do clear plastidip. Dries as a matte finish and you can wash it.. Well, like plastidip. XD

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
You guys think its this car?

EDIT: Can't be that one after seeing it, as it was a glossy paint IIRC

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Don't let the overly bright show lights fool you - I think it's the same car.
It might be the same car, but there are changes that have occured between NAIAS and CIAS (tail lights, headlights, grille, fog lights, ground effects, spoiler, etc)

More pictures of the car at CIAS:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Looks like a Matte version of Tungsten Metallic. That being said, I like it but there is no way I would go through all of the trouble to keep it looking like that.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Either way, same or not, it's still a preproduction car showing off Mopar parts. It very well could be the same car with parts changed and a paint job. That does happen with preproduction cars used for shows.

Mike

1 - 20 of 43 Posts