Allpar Forums banner

2013 Dodge Journey Battery Issues.

468 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  M. Packard
Hello, everyone!
I have a 2013 Dodge Journey SE with 104,000 miles on it.

I just bought a new battery for my car about three months ago. It will not stay charged. If I let it sit for one day, it requires a jump to get it started again and I have to let the jumper cables sit on for a minute or so to keep it on. There is no battery light that comes on.

Thanks in advance for your input!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,316 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. If it is charging OK while running (above 13 volts), it may be a draw on the battery when it sits?
Anything obviously stating on? Any Bluetooth or transponder left inside the car that may be keeping a module awake?
Battery terminals clean & tight?
Font Automotive lighting Screenshot Audio equipment Circle

Have a free charging system test:
Sleeve Font Engineering Advertising Brand

Check for current draw when off:
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Auto part Electrical wiring

· Registered
3,448 Posts
. . . . I have a 2013 Dodge Journey SE with 104,000 miles on it.
I just bought a new battery for my car about three months ago. It will not stay charged. If I let it sit for one day, it requires a jump to get it started again and I have to let the jumper cables sit on for a minute or so to keep it on. There is no battery light that comes on. . . . .
First thing is to get the battery fully charged and then have a load test performed on it. If it passes and is good and does not have an internal problem which causes it to discharge and go dead, then you have a parasitic draw on the electrical system. Typically vehicles have a minute current draw anywhere from 10 - 50 milliamps on the electrical system with vehicle sitting unused. Some electronic component is staying awake or relay energized which is killing the battery.

This link describes how to perform a parasitic draw test. Vehicle is a Corvette but procedure is generic and appliles to any manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts