Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my ABS trouble light is on, the traction controlindicator lamp is now on, and the cruise control stopped working, all at the same time. Attempts to toggle traction control on or off yield no change the the traction control lamp which is lit.

The other controls on the steering column work, including radio controls back side of the wheel, the step button rolls thru the outside Air temp, mpg, trip and odometer readings, but the cruise control indicator lamp does not activate by using the cruise on/off button, and accel/decel don't do anything to the throttle nor does the set button lock the vehicle speed. The airbag indicate is off.

·
Super Moderator
40,249 Posts
There is a fault in one of the systems, probably the ABS, that must be addressed. You really need to have a dealer or another shop with a scanner sophisticated enough to access the ABS and other systems to diagnose the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,867 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I'll wager that all 3 are related to the same issue.
Some Auto Parts stores have a customer-use scan tool that can read ABS codes.

·
KOG
7,300 Posts
Same problem with 2009 was ABS control module. $200 for the part and $100 to program. And that thing is d#mn near impossible to reach and replace on the 09 without knowing the trick to get to it. FSM didn't tell me how to do it.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,867 Posts
Get the codes first. It can be anything from a simple steering angle sensor recalibration to a module (and many things in between).

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
No traction control = no cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.