Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The New York Auto Show is coming up fast. I was wondering what we might be seeing from Chrysler. Obviously the new Cherokee is supposed to be introduced unless there's a quick nip-tuck to it's front end (introduced later?)

It seems like most everything else has already been introduced...
Compass/Patriot w/6-speed automatic
Grand Cherokee w/8-speed automatic/pentastar/diesel, etc.
updated trims for various models

I was hoping to see the 2015 Chrysler 200 but it looks we won't see this until Detroit 2014
Perhaps Dart GT?

What say you?
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
NY is about Cherokee. Nothing more nothing less. Expect nothing else other than the Cherokee.

There will be no other debuts. No Durango. No 6.2l Supercharged Hemi's. No Dart SRT. Only Cherokee.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Mike, the schedule shows Dodge on Day Two. I can't help but think it must be Durango since that will be starting within 3 months.
6.2SC is starting production in May and Challenger '14 start production at the end of June.. NYIAS is a good time to show the cars..
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
Are you sure about that???
Just going by other comments by other people. I hope I'm wrong. ;). Just a feeling I got.

DaveAdmin said:
Mike, the schedule shows Dodge on Day Two. I can't help but think it must be Durango since that will be starting within 3 months.
See above. :)
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Mike, the schedule shows Dodge on Day Two. I can't help but think it must be Durango since that will be starting within 3 months.
Breaking News!
In a brilliant maneuver, unparalleled in automotive paradigms, Today in New York, Sergio Marchionne unveiled the new 2014 Dodge Renegade! Cleverly disguised during testing, as the Jeep KL, the new Dodge Renegade features state of the art, FWD/AWD, cutting edge headlights and grill and mpg at the top of the SUV class.
Sharing architecture with the Alfa Giulietta, the Renegade is a brilliant example of sharing between the two combined companies.
"The man is a genius", many in the crowd were heard to exclaim!
Dodge Renegade goes on sale, in late Summer, 2013.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
It would be nice to see a concept vehicle like back in the day. Hopefully, it would be nothing like the 700c and its B pillar.
 

·
Vaguely badass...
Joined
·
43,887 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
It would be nice to see a concept vehicle like back in the day. Hopefully, it would be nothing like the 700c and its B pillar.
Then you kind of miss the point on concept cars - the fact that they introduce concepts, and that those concepts may or may not be the vehicle you actually see, but rather bits, pieces, and parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Then you kind of miss the point on concept cars - the fact that they introduce concepts, and that those concepts may or may not be the vehicle you actually see, but rather bits, pieces, and parts.
It's that B pillar I don't like. Otherwise, I understand. That said, it's a good point worth repeating. I have noted some design cues from the 700c reflected in JackRatchet's render of the next gen 200.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,402 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Another Dart that will never get built? lol
From what I hear the SRT Dart is on hold till the 9spd is availible in regular Dart models as the other trannys couldnt handle the HP/torque and they wont let SRT get the 9spd till its availible in the regular ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
Jeepnut said:
From what I hear the SRT Dart is on hold till the 9spd is availible in regular Dart models as the other trannys couldnt handle the HP/torque and they wont let SRT get the 9spd till its availible in the regular ones
That's the impression I get too.

Which is fine with me. But I'm hoping it will be out in a year or so...2 years at the latest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Mike V. said:
NY is about Cherokee. Nothing more nothing less. Expect nothing else other than the Cherokee.

thanks for the accurate info on the Durango...

FYI, it WAS there!

There will be no other debuts. No Durango. No 6.2l Supercharged Hemi's. No Dart SRT. Only Cherokee.

Mike
Mike V. said:
NY is about Cherokee. Nothing more nothing less. Expect nothing else other than the Cherokee.

There will be no other debuts. No Durango. No 6.2l Supercharged Hemi's. No Dart SRT. Only Cherokee.

Mike
thanks for the accurate info on the Durango...

FYI, it WAS there!
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
SUNBURNTsnype said:
thanks for the accurate info on the Durango...

FYI, it WAS there!
Another trolling post? Fantastic.

At the time I posted, the debut was not official and an insider had confirmed it. But hey, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Mike
 

·
Defender of Reality
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Breaking News!
In a brilliant maneuver, unparalleled in automotive paradigms, Today in New York, Sergio Marchionne unveiled the new 2014 Dodge Renegade! Cleverly disguised during testing, as the Jeep KL, the new Dodge Renegade features state of the art, FWD/AWD, cutting edge headlights and grill and mpg at the top of the SUV class.
Sharing architecture with the Alfa Giulietta, the Renegade is a brilliant example of sharing between the two combined companies.
"The man is a genius", many in the crowd were heard to exclaim!
Dodge Renegade goes on sale, in late Summer, 2013.
Speaking of wishful thinking....

Either that or Norm has been drinking!!! ;)
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
HotCarNut said:
Speaking of wishful thinking....

Either that or Norm has been drinking!!! ;)
It may drive me to drink, but no, the KL as a Journey replacement would have been brilliant, as a Jeep, not so much.
Not wishful thinking, however it was satire. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top