Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Don't they all come with CD players standard?
DVD?
I'm waiting for Betamax, but seriously I'm thinking it's standard on the premium radio since about 1994? Even my 2002 Chassis/Cab has one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We recieved our first 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Lonestar . No CD player anywhere in the truck, including the center console. went to the dealer order book. No way to order CD player in any trim level

·
Registered
266 Posts
In the master service and parts there was mention of this topic. CD sales are on the decline so Mopar has stopped putting the players into the radio. The RA3 and RA4 have controls for an optional remote CD player.

Steven

Edit was to try to upload the radio comparison chart. Apparently a 432KB pdf is to big. If you would like a copy pleas send me an e-mail.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wonder where the remote CD player goes if you get the 40/20/40 bench?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Sounds about right.... I cant remember the last time I actually used a CD. Most people have a iPhone, ipod or Android device nowadays which holds a lot more music than your standard CD even using MP3.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
And then there's all those folks out there driving 14+ year old vehicles without iPod connectivity or AUX jacks that do, in fact, still purchase and listen to audio on CDs.

Just saying. I still use CDs, as well as iPad and my Android phone.

·
2,570 Posts
Well, I assume there is a 10 year old debate about cassette tapes that we can compare this to.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
Sure there is - same result, too - one size does not fit all.

Much as iPod/MP3 players could jack in through an AUX jack, now folks with CDs can just get a portable CD player and jack THAT in. Provided, of course, they still MAKE portable CD players. I think I saw one in the dollar store the other day.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
I added USB and Apple interface to my Jeep's radio, that gives me the CD, Sirius, Pandora, iPod, etc. With all that I rarely bring any CD's along.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts