Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Am interested as well. Photos of the 2013 2500 "appear" as if they do NOT have the three-link, as if it's reserved for 3500s and up.

Is that possible? For Ram to maintain the legacy five-link on 2500s?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am interested as well. Photos of the 2013 2500 "appear" as if they do NOT have the three-link, as if it's reserved for 3500s and up.

Is that possible? For Ram to maintain the legacy five-link on 2500s?
Yes, that appears to be the case. 2500's, Power Wagon included, continue with the 5-link.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We now know why Mr. S couldn't comment, as the '13 2500s were, I guess, using up remaining components until the new 5-link rear was introduced.

That seems to be a clear improvement, but what about the front?

I found it interesting that the '14 PW has to use "high movement" links; doesn't this indicate that the three-link in front is restrictive?

Anyone knowledgeable care to speculate if the 3-link will hinder or improve the Power Wagon?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It's actually a radius-arm system, not a traditional 3-link like many off-roaders use. One of the characteristics of radius arm suspension, is that they tend to bind. The articulation mainly comes from bushings used. I'm not sure what exactly "high movement" links are, but if I had to guess, it would be that they are equipped with much softer bushings.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
It's actually a radius-arm system, not a traditional 3-link like many off-roaders use. One of the characteristics of radius arm suspension, is that they tend to bind. The articulation mainly comes from bushings used. I'm not sure what exactly "high movement" links are, but if I had to guess, it would be that they are equipped with much softer bushings.
Actually they are more of a Heim-joint type link end, in lieu of the typical OEM bushings. That is what allows the articulation, be it 3, 4, or 5 link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts