Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a 2013 Ram 2500 next week, will be an ordered vehicle, and I'm trying to find out what this little Electronic Monitoring Module is for... I believe the order code is XXS and it's a $325 upcharge... nobody seems to know what it's function is.

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
I would need the last 8 of the VIN to look up the sales code XXS. There is nothing by that exact name in the service manual information.
By its description could it be a dash information display like an EVIC? There is a center touchscreen availible for various controls/monitors.
There is a Local Interface Network (LIN) module that is necessary for the speed control option.
There is a Vehicle Systems Interface Module (VSIM) for upfitter options to help them integrate with the truck systems.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImperialCrown said:
I would need the last 8 of the VIN to look up the sales code XXS. There is nothing by that exact name in the service manual information.
By its description could it be a dash information display like an EVIC? There is a center touchscreen availible for various controls/monitors.
There is a Local Interface Network (LIN) module that is necessary for the speed control option.
There is a Vehicle Systems Interface Module (VSIM) for upfitter options to help them integrate with the truck systems.
I don't have a VIN yet as I haven't placed an order... I have a build sheet from the dealer I'm using but not an official POC.

I don't think it's the EVIC as that comes with the Luxury Group. Maybe it's too allow additional information to display in the EVIC...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts