Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's going on with the 2013 RAM Heavy Dutys? They were introduced last Fall by Fred Diaz at the Texas State Fair and have been the subject of numerous magazing articles but, so far, they're a total "no-show!" First, it was said they'd be available in January, then it was said that they'd been pushed back to a February intro. Now, I've heard that they won't be available until May! About the same time some of the 2014s will be introduced! Does anyone here have any insider info about what's going on? Has there been production or quality problems? The dealers are totally in the dark about what's going on. The local dealer has told me that they are quite frustrated with this situation because they have a lot of customer inquiries and they don't know what to tell them.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Someone may have more information, but after seeing the 2014's testing last summer, I've never been sure that there is going to be 2013 HD's.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've seen on here posts from oh2o saying the 2013 Heavy Duty Trucks that they were currently available for order...

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
You can order all the way up to a 5500, Not sure why this keeps coming up, if your dealer is telling you they cant order, find another dealer.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Moparian said:
You can order all the way up to a 5500, Not sure why this keeps coming up, if your dealer is telling you they cant order, find another dealer.
I'm confused? We have good sources saying you can order the HD's and posters saying they can't. So what is the real story?
Dealer issues, or nothing in the pipeline?

By being able to order, have any been shipped?

·
3,813 Posts
We have a bunch on order.. I can order any 2013 HD Ram you want.. what's the confusion?

2013 3500 CREW LARAMIE 4X4 (169 in WB 8 FT 0 IN box) (D28P92)

Currently on order... $63k.........

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, for one thing, why would I order a truck that I haven't been able to see, touch, or test drive? There have been many changes to the 2013 HDs according to all the magazine articles I've read. I want to see and drive one before I order it. I want to see the new colors in person, not just a pic. I want to feel the new interiors. I want to see how the new in-bed camera works. I want to see the new 5th wheel factory hitch and how it hooks up. Also, it's the end of January and there are none available anywhere. The 1/2 tons have been on the lots for months. The 2013 HDs/SDs from their competitors have been on the lots for months. What's the hold-up? Is there quality problems with the new trucks that have held up production? The dealers in my area all say that Chrysler has kept them completely in the dark about a production date. Some have said that Chrysler has pushed back the date now until mid-summer! I believe I'm completely justified in thinking that something is going on at RAM that has caused this long delay. DaveAdmin; let's say you're correct in that production will start in February and the trucks will arrive at dealers in March or April. Why is a 2013 model truck just starting to hit the dealer lots in March or April? I thought maybe there were some factory insiders on this site that could answer this.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Back on 9/27/12, it was stated that "start of production of the 2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty is scheduled for the first quarter of 2013 at the Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant in Coahuila, Mexico."

Last I checked, it's still the first quarter of 2013.

I don't recall the '13 HD's being shown at a show anywhere between 9/27/12 and now.

Ram has a press conference at the Chicago Auto Show on 2/7. The 1500 was shown in Detroit - and the last HDs were shown in Chicago. Leads me to believe the new HDs will also be shown in Chicago.

The model year could have easily been changed to 2014 - would that make any difference, really? Consumer sheep might think it's better than Ford or GM because "it's newer" I suppose.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought this was a simple, honest, info-seeking question but it seems to have riled some of you for some unknown reason. I saw the big intro for the 2013 HDs with Fred Diaz months ago. I started inquiring about when they would hit the dealer lots. I was told by dealer folks and by a RAM rep at the Talladega race last Fall, to expect them the first of January to start coming in. When they didn't, I was told that they'd been delayed and would be arriving on dealer lots the first of February. More recently, I was checking to see if any brochures on the new HDs had arrived so that I could be preparing my order for a truck. They had not received any brochures and I was told that the trucks were once again delayed, probably until May! When I asked if they knew the reason for the delay, I was told that they weren't given any reason by Chrysler. I thought I'd come on here and ask, thinking that there may be some insiders on here that would know something. I currently have a 2005 Ram 2500 and have traded 5th Wheel campers. My new camper is much larger and heavier and I wanted a Ram 3500 dually for a more stable towing experience. Since hearing of all the new improvements on the 2013s, I really wanted to wait for them, but I'm getting frustrated by the delays. Info, from possible insiders in the know, was all I was seeking but instead, I get a lot of flack for asking the question?!?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
It's a truck worth waiting for, I can tell you that!
Look on the bright side, you're waiting a few short months.
Jeepers with an old XJ have been waiting 13 years... ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well sounds like the ideal for you would be to attend the Chicago auto show. Its open to the public Feb 9th thru the 18th. Ideally you can see and maybe even sit in the new HD after which hopefully you will be in a position to visit a dealer and order one to your preferences. As mentioned no reason a dealer can't tell you what options show as available for order price & order one should you be ready.

One cool thing would be that you would have one of the very first ones around.
IMO though Ram knows what its going to offer they should at least have something on the build & price even if it includes notifications & disclaimers about availability & time frames of options etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts