Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw over on challenger talk that the 2014's will have a shaker option.

1. Are there any pictures yet?
2. Do we expect this to be a composite or metal hood?

Thanks in advance!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
No pictures of it. Why ad another hood option to a car that will get a significant update in 2015.

They can't keep the Mopat T/A hood in stock (two weeks ago over forty on back order). I'll believe it when I see it.

There are five different aftermarket shaker hood producers, pick the one you like and buy it :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
In 2014 calender year, the 2015 model year Challenger was originally rumored to have up to ten hood options. I am guessing that a hood with a functioning scoop would be one option and that same hood with a closed dummy grill in the scoop would be another. :dunno:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Jackratchett said:
In 2014 calender year, the 2015 model year Challenger was originally rumored to have up to ten hood options. I am guessing that a hood with a functioning scoop would be one option and that same hood with a closed dummy grill in the scoop would be another. :dunno:
Technically there are four that they currently have for MY2014 ;)

Mike

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Jackratchett said:
Apparently its down to 5. But still a lot of options!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Charger Red said:
This feature was presented (and "promised") to be an available option at a dealer show about a year ago.

Still waiting.......
It was never official.

Mike

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Mike V. said:
No pictures of it. Why ad another hood option to a car that will get a significant update in 2015.

They can't keep the Mopat T/A hood in stock (two weeks ago over forty on back order). I'll believe it when I see it.

There are five different aftermarket shaker hood producers, pick the one you like and buy it :)

Mike
The Shaker Hood is replacing the T/A hood..

It'll also be functional..

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mopar392 said:
The Shaker Hood is replacing the T/A hood..

It'll also be functional..
I'll still believe it when I see it. :)

Mike

Reactions: ptschett

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
I saw an orange Challenger with a T/A hood and sticker in the window returning with dealer plates last Saturday. That was at Buhler

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
I saw an orange Challenger with a T/A hood and sticker in the window returning with dealer plates last Saturday. That was at Buhler
It's part of the Mopar Accesories Package or purchase thru Mopar Parts.

A few dealers near me like to have one on the lot.

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
For the Mopar faithful it's always next MY ...............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts