Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
If the Selec-Terrain has a snow setting, the Cherokee will be a huge hit here in Frostbite Falls. The fuel economy and price are close enough to midsize cars to move the Jeep into the buy column for many of us.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's a pretty decent list of standard amenities at a pretty damned good price.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Looks like for about $27K you can get a decently equipped Latitude 4x4. That was about where a similarly equipped (pre rebate) Liberty was priced.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I'm impressed. The Cherokee is looking more and more like the leader for my next vehicle. Even my wife likes what she's seen so far. Never thought I may ever own a Jeep, but this one may do it. Now I just need to pay for a wedding and keep my PT running a bit longer.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DaveAdmin said:
Yup. Limited is kinda pricey ... the big thing I like about Limited is the 8.4 screen, I don't want the Fiat-MS system.

Assuming the 5 inch stereo is indeed the Fiat-MS system.
if the numbers are without destination....its actually pretty close to the 2012 Liberty.... The 2012 Liberty LTS base MSRP before destination was
$28,360

·
3,813 Posts
Wow, thats a lot cheaper than I was expecting. I am impressed.

As an FYI, here are the updates for the 2014 Wrangler

‘14 MY Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited

What’s New for 2014
• Updated Front Grille Marker Lamps with Clear Lens
• Improved Floor-mat retention Design
• Premium Evic With Engine Readout Oil Pressure, Coolant
Temp., Trans. Temp. and Digital Speed

·
Registered
452 Posts
So.....at what point does someone look at the pricing on the Cherokee and say, "Nah....I think I'll go with a Compass." ? Bottom end, maybe, but with any options at all, the Compass Limited prices out within $2k of the Cherokee and hasn't got any of the new goodies (engine, transmission, 4x4 gadgets, entertainment console, etc).

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yup. Limited is kinda pricey ... the big thing I like about Limited is the 8.4 screen, I don't want the Fiat-MS system.

Assuming the 5 inch stereo is indeed the Fiat-MS system.
I can't see what CJD posted, but I believe that you can get the 8.4 as an option on the Latitude.(But for XM or Nav, you need the Limited).

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
unclejjg said:
So.....at what point does someone look at the pricing on the Cherokee and say, "Nah....I think I'll go with a Compass." ? Bottom end, maybe, but with any options at all, the Compass Limited prices out within $2k of the Cherokee and hasn't got any of the new goodies (engine, transmission, 4x4 gadgets, entertainment console, etc).
Well, for some buyers - looks will win out. (Yes I just said it again). But, you are right. The new Chrysler cars are being very well equipped. And it is showing the age of the older cars. So the Compass / Patriot replacement will likely be welcome. It also highlights that it definitely makes more sense to reduce them down to one model and price it lower. Since there is no, more than ever, less to set the compact Jeeps apart from the "midsized Jeep".

·
Registered
452 Posts
bumonbox said:
Well, for some buyers - looks will win out. (Yes I just said it again). But, you are right. The new Chrysler cars are being very well equipped. And it is showing the age of the older cars. So the Compass / Patriot replacement will likely be welcome. It also highlights that it definitely makes more sense to reduce them down to one model and price it lower. Since there is no, more than ever, less to set the compact Jeeps apart from the "midsized Jeep".
To me, the Cherokee doesn't look much worse than the Compass....especially the original. I dislike the rounded look on any and all CUV's, and I think it has no place on Jeeps....turns out, they all look like that now except the Wrangler, so I guess I'm the donkey. If they can face-lift this thing the way they did the original Compass, it should pass as decent.

Its weird to think that they will go smaller than the Patriot/Compass with their replacement. How small do you go before we have Jeep's version of a Polaris Ranger running around?

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
lol. Perhaps Jeep should offer UTVs...

Although, if they ever did, likely it would be merely badged. Someone else would do the manufacturing. Which I guess would quickly seem pointless. Then again, Jeep dealers selling Jeep SUVs alongside the UTVs might look cool

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I wouldn't call it "aggressive" pricing. It is absolutely in line with the Ford Escape which starts at $22,700 to $30,850 for a Titanium AWD.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
I wouldn't call it "aggressive" pricing. It is absolutely in line with the Ford Escape which starts at $22,700 to $30,850 for a Titanium AWD.
The Escape is complete weak-sauce.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
That pricing is pretty dang competitive. Can we agree on that? Off Road debate/discussion will go on forever, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts