Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
XJMOPARMAN said:
Well not exactly... I work at a NEW chrysler dealership, our GRAND OPENING is Thursday night and Chrysler was nice enought to transport this one down to us (on loan) to show off on the floor for the event. It goes back to them Friday. I will say it is a very nice AWD Dart!!! :stirthepot:
Smoke and mirrors.

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
Could the mods change the title, please?

They have not shipped.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,388 Posts
The I-75 and Van Horn Rd. Lot is Now about 80% Empty.
So They were Shipped Out.

TMD

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
The I-75 and Van Horn Rd. Lot is Now about 80% Empty.
So They were Shipped Out.

TMD
Then I stand corrected!

Moderators, please leave the title alone!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
XJMOPARMAN said:
All I know is I was told we couldn't drive it.
Then it's likely the pre-re-flash, version.
If, as many are saying, the re-flash is a simple thing to do, it would seem they haven't yet found the proper fix.
Although, I do not remember any mention of harsh and or hard 4WD engagement in the LA press event...anyone read that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Then it's likely the pre-re-flash, version.
If, as many are saying, the re-flash is a simple thing to do, it would seem they haven't yet found the proper fix.
Although, I do not remember any mention of harsh and or hard 4WD engagement in the LA press event...anyone read that?
I said "how the heck are they going to flash ALL THOSE VEHICLES?" when we were talking about it here at the dealership. One of the techs brought up they will most likely all just have an RRT on them to re-flash as soon as we get them off the truck for PDI. Time will tell.

·
Registered
113 Posts
XJMOPARMAN said:
I said "how the heck are they going to flash ALL THOSE VEHICLES?" when we were talking about it here at the dealership. One of the techs brought up they will most likely all just have an RRT on them to re-flash as soon as we get them off the truck for PDI. Time will tell.
The last mass flash I know of was Nexteer and the Mustangs's power steering. Friend of mine and a buddy went down to Flat Rock and flashed all the cars in storage. I think it was over 2000 of them at the time. Plug in flasher turn on vehicle, let it flash, turn it off, test flash, move on to next one. Took them over two days.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Just a comment. The physical act of the re-flash won't take long.
Finding the Solution and re-programming to attain the correct shift parameters may.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
Could the mods change the title, please?

They have not shipped.
What haven't? Cherokee's? Yes they have. They are in stock already at certain dealers. Brown CDJ of Charlottesville, VA has one in stock, a Latitude 4x4 according to dealerconnect, and others are on their way. They have most certainly shipped.

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
JRS200x said:
What haven't? Cherokee's? Yes they have. They are in stock already at certain dealers. Brown CDJ of Charlottesville, VA has one in stock, a Latitude 4x4 according to dealerconnect, and others are on their way. They have most certainly shipped.
You need to read the rest of the posts before reacting.

Duckie set me straight and I apologized.

·
Registered
749 Posts
My evening paper said the dealer four miles from my house was to have a new Cherokee on display this evening but that it isn't for sale and nobody can test drive it. I didn't read the paper until after 10PM so I didn't bother to go look.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Cornupenuria said:
My evening paper said the dealer four miles from my house was to have a new Cherokee on display this evening but that it isn't for sale and nobody can test drive it. I didn't read the paper until after 10PM so I didn't bother to go look.
Another non-re flash car?

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
They are most likely just cars Chrysler is sending to dealers to show off, these cars are owned by Chrysler and are therefore under Chrysler's insurance and as such can not be test driven etc as Chrysler does not want that liability.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
JRS200x said:
They are most likely just cars Chrysler is sending to dealers to show off, these cars are owned by Chrysler and are therefore under Chrysler's insurance and as such can not be test driven etc as Chrysler does not want that liability.
And Chrysler has done this for years. Back in my days of being more involved in a dealer, Chrysler had a couple new models per region and they would move them from dealer to dealer to show them off sometimes at dealer request, sometimes for training, and sometimes just because the region rep wanted to put a display car in a key market location.

Mike

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
JRS200x said:
what are u seeing on dealer connect......When I do a search I see a whopping 4 KL's within 3000 miles..... So to me that is not shipped yet...all of my Cherokees are still showing in hold status..... none are KZ

·
Registered
378 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Another non-re flash car?
The same one mentioned earlier in the thread. Performance CDJR in Bellevue, NE had its grand openning last night. I was invited but didn't feel like wading through a mass of people milling about just to see the Cherokee.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
what are u seeing on dealer connect......When I do a search I see a whopping 4 KL's within 3000 miles..... So to me that is not shipped yet...all of my Cherokees are still showing in hold status..... none are KZ
dealerconnect doesn't update quick enough. The one at Brown in Charlottesville never showed up in any KZ status before it showed up, it just showed up. There are plenty that have now shipped they just don't show. Plus your prespec units will often not show up on dealerconnect before just popping up on the lot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
ralph.jones said:
The same one mentioned earlier in the thread. Performance CDJR in Bellevue, NE had its grand openning last night. I was invited but didn't feel like wading through a mass of people milling about just to see the Cherokee.
You should have come down! There were a TON of people here, Reid Bigland CEO of Ram came in from detroit. he made a speach and hung around for a few hours talking to everyone. Very cool night!

·
Not THAT guy again!
1,099 Posts
JRS200x said:
dealerconnect doesn't update quick enough. The one at Brown in Charlottesville never showed up in any KZ status before it showed up, it just showed up. There are plenty that have now shipped they just don't show. Plus your prespec units will often not show up on dealerconnect before just popping up on the lot.
I checked their website looking for the Cherokee last night with no luck. Is it possible it is still in transit? Are you in VA somewhere?

41 - 60 of 80 Posts