Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Ralph Gilles, promises the car will sport a new styling direction, bringing with it a “very different feeling [and] look."

For a year, we've had spy pics and Allpar has had renderings. Has anything come out hinting at this new "styling direction"?

As long as Chrysler doesn't do something over-the-top like the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, I'll be happy.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I think that you can safely say that there won't be a seven-slot grille or squared-off wheel lip openings on the new Chrysler...

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
After seeing the Cherokee...I'm afraid

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe we are talking about the 2015 model that will be introduced next year. Tigershark 2.4 and Pentastar 3.2 engines. I'm most concerned about the styling. Will it follow the 200c design from a few years ago or will it go in another direction?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Assuming that's the 2014 and not the 2015, debuting in 2014.

I have not seen an NYC schedule...

I wonder whether Jeep or Land Rover will show first -- whoever does, gets the honor for first car with a nine-speed automatic, right?

I wonder if that annoys the LR people...?
Evoque with the 9-speed is showing at Geneva in a week time, while Cherokee is showing at NYC in April..
Being the actual first depends on the start of production date..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Didn't the already show the new 200 to dealers and wasn't their response positive? Then again, I seem to remember a report saying the 200 brought eyes to tears. I think the new Cherokee did that too.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It is the same story as Barracuda vs Mustang..

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Ah... my error. And yes, you're right about which is the actual first, but few in the press or public will see it that way.
LR is already claiming the number "1" in their PR.
Jeep should have at least highlighted the 9HP for the rest of the world outside the enthusiasts' community.

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
CarsandGuitars said:
Oddly enough, after seeing the new Cherokee this design doesn't offend me at all....sort of like after seeing the Aztek the rest of Pontiac's lineup became classically beautiful, but only in comparison. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

·
Registered
67 Posts
CarsandGuitars said:
That's what I was gonna post: the 700C -- the only two vehicles we've seen from Fiat/Chrysler (aside from the Dart) are that 700 roly-poly thing and the New Cherokee. I think there's going to be a LOT of influence from the Italian designers in all the new era products, or even worse, American designers trying to guess what their European bosses would sign off on. Lots of swoopiness -- I don't mind swoopy if it makes for a cohesive design, but both the 700 and the Cherokee look like two vehicles got mashed together visually.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
The Chrysler 200 will have 8 sets of lights on the front, rather than just the 6 seen on the Cherokee!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts