Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The 2014 Chrysler Town & Country S is slated to start at $32,195, not including destination, and adds special leather seats with fabric inserts, dual Blu-Ray disc players, 17 inch aluminum wheels with black pockets, a performance suspension, black accents on the headlamps and interior, a black chrome grille, Super Console, and “S” badging. The roofrack is deleted from this model."

Finally some one has been listening to my prayers and deleted the roofrack. I hate the ugly roofrack rails left on my 2 Caravans when I've removed the crossbars. From what I've been told previously by our local dealers was roofrack deletion is only available on base models. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Z said:
There are no crossbars on Town & Country roofracks unless you unfold them.
OK, but "the ugly roofrack rails" are still there whether you unfold the crossbars or not right?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Consider other makers charge for a roof rack that is not nearly as useful/flexible as the Chrysler ones... I prefer them. I have an Astro van that I would kill to have roof rails on (but I'm not willing to do it now to a 97). In a pinch I've had to haul a queen sized bed and box spring held down with cable wire on the Town and Country. It was the saving grace for the day. I barely use the rails, but love the fact they are always there.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Did they not make any of these for the 2013 MY? They were at the 2013 NAIAS...

Agreed with Dave, the roof rails fold up nicely on the sides of the roof now.

·
3,813 Posts
but he doesn't like the roof rails... he isn't talking about the crossbars. he doesn't like the RAILS, and until now all T&C models had the rails.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I admit it looks sweet without the rack, however I know I will use mine at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts