Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info regarding 2014 Dodge Dart ordering? Salespro? I've been wondering if there are any significant changes regarding transmission, 2.4 in the SXT, etc. Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Would you believe that the Dart is the only Dodge product that cannot yet be ordered as a 2014... Makes ya wonder.... As of yet I cannot confirm any changes. Perhaps some of our Chrysler insiders can shed some light onto this.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Would you believe that the Dart is the only Dodge product that cannot yet be ordered as a 2014... Makes ya wonder.... As of yet I cannot confirm any changes. Perhaps some of our Chrysler insiders can shed some light onto this.
I last remember they are extending the darts 2013MY

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dart was canceled in favor of its replacement, Lawn Dart. Lawn Dart runs on grass and can be pretty deadly.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
No new features really, pretty much same as 2013 models in that regard, was told that the 2.4L will become Standard on the SXT, Limited and GT. There will be equipment/package group changes (to simplify ordering) but haven't seen the details on those. SE base model will stay at $15,995, Limited base MSRP will be increased but adds a lot more Standard features. Rallye option will add touring suspension, projector fog lamps and some other stuff.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
oh2o said:
No new features really, pretty much same as 2013 models in that regard, was told that the 2.4L will become Standard on the SXT, Limited and GT. There will be equipment/package group changes (to simplify ordering) but haven't seen the details on those. SE base model will stay at $15,995, Limited base MSRP will be increased but adds a lot more Standard features. Rallye option will add touring suspension, projector fog lamps and some other stuff.
Interesting. 2.0 for SE? 1.4 still optional for SXT/Limited and standard on aero?

T

·
0 Posts
Moparian said:
Interesting. 2.0 for SE? 1.4 still optional for SXT/Limited and standard on aero?
Yes, 2.0 for SE (exclusively). The 1.4L will be available only on the Aero (standard).

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
Wow, that's HUGE news!!!

Mike
oh2o said:
Yes, 2.0 for SE (exclusively). The 1.4L will be available only on the Aero (standard).
Again, HUGE news! Thanks oh2o for the scoop!

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info O. Any idea when ordering will open up? I hope they up the ante on incentives if there are that many changes to the '14. Personally, I was kind of waiting on the '14 with the idea of a 2.4 with a six speed manual or a 9 speed automatic.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
That's a big change.
Any news on the 9-speed yet?

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
2.4L + nine speed = increased sales, no? I am impressed how fast they are reacting. Hopefully the nine-speed will come sooner than later. Although, for us the 2.0L is performing just fine. Will be interesting how much the 9-speed will help the 2.4L with gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
No word on the 9-speed, don't believe you will see it anytime soon.

Production starts end of September so order banks *should* open September 11th.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was hoping somehow it would get a horsepower boost.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
So, there will be no 1.4L on the other trims above SE/Aero, just the 2.4L across the board or am I reading it wrong?

if so, i'm glad I chose the 1.4L more now. lol

I think he's going to end up being a very rarely-optioned car at this point.
1.4L Turbo / Manual / Limited / Black Premium Leather / BlueStreak (which I heard was being discontinued?)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
suzq044 said:
So, there will be no 1.4L on the other trims above SE/Aero, just the 2.4L across the board or am I reading it wrong?
That's the part that gets me. :(

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
suzq044 said:

if so, i'm glad I chose the 1.4L more now. lol

I think he's going to end up being a very rarely-optioned car at this point.
1.4L Turbo / Manual / Limited / Black Premium Leather / BlueStreak (which I heard was being discontinued?)
blue streak is still around for 14

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Unless they're going to retune it for MPG, and less performance perhaps? or maybe just because the 2.4L is a better match for the Dart than the little 1.4L ?

That said, I love mine. lol

edit - TY Moparian.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts